I think everyone has a room or a drawer that seems to collect everything - this past weekend I decided it was time to clean out my office and make it more functional. I knew we had a lot of stuff in there, I just didn't realize just how much "stuff" we had. I started taking things off the desk, items stored in nooks and crannies around the room - I almost filled my living room with everything!
What was the plan for this "weekend" project -
- It has taken me a month to come up with a plan - I always think these projects should take a lot less time then they do.
- I took almost everything out of the room and placed it in the living room
- I sorted everything in a donate box, put items in the trash (I didn't know a person could collect so many cell phone or computer boxes) or filed and ut things away
- I sold the desk that was in the room, that took a couple of days to sell and be picked up.
That's as far as I got this last weekend. Now its time to go to step 2
What is the next plan -
- Create a layout of the room
- Contact flooring company to see if they had additional carpet for this room great time to replace the flooring.
- Determine what color to paint the walls
- Paint the room
- Move shelving and add shelving around the room
- Order cabinets, counter tops etc.
I will update you once I get the next step done......